Candice’s Granola Bars
Ditch the pre-packaged, nasty, chemical-laden junk! Make your own granola bars and package them up as adorable gifts as well.
2 cups of oats
3/4 cup of almonds or cashews
1/2 cup unsweetened dry coconut
1/4 cup of sesame seeds
¼ cup of flax seed
2 cups of chopped dried fruit (cranberries, chopped apricots, pineapple currants, cherries, your choice! )
1/2 cup of honey.. sometimes I add a little maple syrup too
1 cup of unsalted crunchy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1) Spray or butter a 9 by 9-inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Spread the oats, almonds/ nuts onto a sheet pan. Place in the oven and toast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in coconut and sesame, flax and toast it for another 2 minutes.
3) In the meantime, combine the honey, peanut butter, vanilla and salt in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until everything combined.
4) Once the oat mixture is toasted, remove it from the oven and immediately add it into the liquid mixture, add the dried fruit, and mix all in to coat evenly.
5) Turn mixture out into the prepared baking dish and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish
6) Let the tray cool off and cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Yes! I want to improve my life with with clean green recipes & lifestyle tips from Candice starting now!×