Simple Raspberry Lemon Zest Scones
These sweet scones are so incredibly easy to make for a deelish brunch and they also make for the best treat with the girls over tea and bunch-o-gossip. Work it out, everyone loves a cute girl that can cook.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and non stick spray.
2. Mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter or rub in with your fingers, until mixture has a coarse mealy texture.
3. In a large mixing bowl whisk together buttermilk, 1 egg, lemon juice and lemon zest. Gently fold raspberries into flour mixture, trying not to overwork them too much and fold together lightly with your hands until dough comes together, lightly toss a bit of flower to keep hands from sticking.
4. Turn out dough onto a floured work surface, and gently knead dough just to incorporate flour. Mold dough into a 1-2-inch-thick round. Cut into 8-12 wedges, (like a pie) depending on the size of scone you’d like.
5. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar in the raw. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 35-40 minutes. Cool and serve immediately with a touch of butter, mascarpone cream, or a spot of tea, perfect treat for a deelish classy brunch. xx ck