Lavender Sugar Caramel Apples
There’s really just something so whimsical and fabulous about caramel apples. Childhood memories? The combination of sweet + salt + tart? The love of consuming anything on a stick? Whatever the reason may be, let’s just all agree that caramel apples are TDF. Here’s my slightly sophisticated version. Topped with lavender + rose sugar and finely shaved coconut. Enjoy friends.
- 6 Granny smith apples, any variety is ok here, Granny seems to hold up the best and makes for the most tart!
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Lavender sugar
- Light fluffed coconut shavings
- Rose Sugar
- Fine Sea salt
- Place popsicle stick into each apple.
- To make the caramel: In a large saucepan, melt the sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in baking soda. Mix in the butter until melted; slowly begin to add the cream. ** Make sure to stir constantly using a rubber spatula.
- Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 242° (firm-ball stage). Remove from heat and cool to 200°.
- Place lavender sugar + coconut + all toppings in shallow plates. Dip apples into caramel mixture until completely coated, then dip the bottom of each in desired toppings. Return to baking sheet + chill in the fridge to set.
Look! More delicious goodies for you!