Here’s a lighter version of one of the most decadent cakes known to mankind! And remember, chocolate is a FWB (that’s foods with benefits!) With antioxidants and anti-aging properties, it’s ok to indulge!
Simple Pure Dark Chocolate and Orange Flourless Cake
12 ounces(1 1/2 cups)of my favorite handcrafted chocolate Pure Dark chocolate (Slab Serious 15% cacao), chopped into small bits
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup organic, granulated sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
½ cup sugar
4 eggs, beaten
Orange zest from 1 ½ oranges and Pure Dark chocolate shavings to top
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
Serve with orange zest some pure dark chocolate shavings and a scoop of organic vanilla bean ice cream!
1. Spray an 8 inch round cake pan, with non-stick spray and dust with cocoa powder or a light coat of flour.
2. Make a double boiler: Bring a small pot of water up to a simmer. Place a non-reactive bowl on top of the pot, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Place dark chocolate and butter in bowl to melt. Gently mix to combine with a rubber spatula.
3. Whisk eggs together in a separate bowl.
4. Remove from heat, cool slightly and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, mix gently, followed by the whisked eggs, orange zest. Pour into the sprayed/floured- prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for approx 30 minutes on the middle rack. When ready and the middle of the cake is all set, cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
6. Bake x 2 for a delicious 2 layer cake, top with a chocolate ganache made with Pure Dark chocolate and enjoy! Serious how easy was that!? xxx ♥ck
Yes! I want to improve my life with with clean green recipes & lifestyle tips from Candice starting now!×