Frittata Frittata! One of my favorite simple, light and yummy recipes! Eggs, they are what’s for dinner. Well here’s one of my favorite warmhearted brekkie dishes to remind you of those sunny days. Still good as ever and oh-so-delish for Sunday brunch too! xx ♥ck
Summer Squash and Mushroom Frittata
1 C Summer squash, thinly sliced
½ C sliced button or crimini mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
6 Large Beaten eggs, prefer Eggland’s Best Eggs
Fresh basil and tarragon
Sea Salt to taste
1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
1. Coat a nice, non-stick skillet (with a full stainless handle—no plastic!) with a little olive oil.
Prepare skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, and mushrooms. Sautee for about 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and soft. Add in the bell peppers and thin sliced squash and cook for a few more minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine eggs, fresh herbs, and season well with sea salt Pour over the sautéed mushrooms and onions.
3. Make sure to cook over a medium-low heat, this is key for perfect eggs. Once the egg mixture is set, run your spat gently…around the edge of the skillet. Continue cooking until all of the eggs are solidified.
4. Gently place the skillet under broiler a few inches from the heat, be very careful as this is HOT!
5. To finish, place thinly sliced roma tomatoes on top of frittata and top off with a little Asiago cheese, broil for a few last minutes until perfectly golden and melted!
Frittatas are a super easy and inexpensive way to feed the whole family or have company over for a Sunday brunch!
** Fresh veggies in season will save you major $ca$h and they are also at peak season so they add amazing flavor and nutrients!
** Fritattas are also a perf addition to any breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! Super versatile with every meal… will also save you mad cash too.. work it out! + Get smart about your shopping! Happy cooking!!