Candice’s Holiday Peppermint Bark
2 (12 oz) bags of semi sweet chocolate chips
2 (12 oz) bags of white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
2 drops of green food coloring
5 candy canes, smashed up in 2 re-sealable freezer bags, wrappers removed
1. Line a large baking sheet 9×12” with foil
2. In a double boiler (meaning a saucepan filled ½ way with boiling water, place a stainless steel mixing bowl on top, indirect heat always with chocolate!duur!) melt the dark chocolate chips first
3. Thinly spread a layer of the dark melted chocolate on the foil lined sheet tray (using a spatula) and allow it to cool in the fridge until firm, about 8 minutes.
4. While the dark chocolate is cooling, in a clean stainless bowl, melt the white chocolate chips now.
5. After the chips have all melted add the teaspoon of peppermint extract and the 2 drops of green food coloring, its supposed to be a faint green, not slimer style! Mix in well with a rubber spatula.
6. Remove the dark, solid chocolate from the fridge and pour the white chocolate on top of the dark, spreading an even layer across the entire sheet.
7. Sprinkle the tiny smashed candy cane sprinkles all over the top of the chocolate, now refrigerate for about 20 minutes until fully solid. Break into bite sized pieces.