Don’t fall into the ploy that over-the-counter meds and drugs are the only way to get out of your sick rut? I mean if you just ate well, got off of the diet soda, salty chips and sugary candy/cookie processed food diet, you may feel (and look) like a million bucks. It’s CLEARLY NOT rocket science friends! So get with it. Be cool. Eat well, be well, live well. xxck
FOODS WITH BENEFITS (FWBs)
GARLIC: ANTIBACTERIAL PROPERTIES, MEGA SUPERFOOD WITH HEALTH BENNIES OUT THE WAZOO.
LEMON: VITAMIN C PACKED, ANTIVIRAL PROPERTIES TO STRENGTHEN YOUR WHITE BLOOD CELLS.
ONIONS: PACKED WITH ANTIOXIDANTS THAT FIGHT FREE RADICALS
ARUGULA: VITAMIN C PACKED
Roasted Garlic + Lemon Flatbreads
Serves 8, appetizer portions
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Cut a whole garlic clove in half. Wrap garlic in foil, with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and roast for approximately an hour and a half.
• 1 store-bought pizza dough
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 head of garlic, roasted
• ¼ fresh lemon, cut into thin slices
• ¼ medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
• ½ cup arugula
• ½ cup fresh goat cheese (Chevre)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Wrap garlic in foil, with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and roast for
approximately an hour and a half
3. Toss lemon slices in olive oil, and arrange in a single layer on a sheet
pan. Bake until the rinds are soft, and begin to brown
4. Roll out pizza dough, on a floured surface, to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
Brush the dough with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
Bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven. and use the back of a spoon to spread a thick layer of roasted garlic over the surface
5. Spread the lemon, red onion, arugula, and goat cheese over the crust
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden, and the greens are
Yes! I want to improve my life with with clean green recipes & lifestyle tips from Candice starting now!×